All that glitters – classroom now open!
This class is all about layers and lustre! We will use lovely chunky layering techniques employing a variety of media, and then draw on, and embellish our piece with graphite and gold or copper leaf. If you love your art to be full of lovely texture and have that beautiful tactile quality then this is the class for you!
The cost for this class is $35 US.
In lesson 1 we will use paper over canvas board to create a lovely layered base for our two girls. We use all kinds of vintage papers and wet media along with fabrics to build up our layers. Using graphite and water along with some acrylic paint we create our girls, who are then embellished with copper leaf.
In this lesson we use watercolour paper as our substrate. We use the same foundation and collage techniques as for lesson 1. We will sketch in our girl (I have templates in the classroom if you need them). We add wings to our angel girl. Again we apply metallic leaf, this time gold, as well as some glazing techniques on our background to bring all the layers and textures to life.
Our third lesson is focused on fabric, and we use that as our base and substrate. We use beautiful old vintage papers and ephemera to collage and create a base for our piece. Again we add fabric and chuncky we media to create texture. Our angel girl is then surrounded in gold leaf. The gorgeous feel of this fabric piece is what really makes it special.
This last lesson is a bonus lesson that I create in my art journal, The art journal is a place of freedom and expression. Although we use a variety of substrates in all of our lessons, they can all be created in a journal if you prefer to work this way. It’s about mixing it all up and having fun 🙂
Who is this class for?
This is a beginners to intermediate class incorporating basic mixed media techniques. You will gain access to over 5 hours of video in which I walk you through various mixed media and collage techniques. This is an open ended workshop with no expiration date. All the videos are downloadable and yours to keep.
You will have access to the private FACEBOOK GROUP for this class, to share your work and get feedback.
So easy, informative classes……will even have the non artist like me producing master pieces. Honestly these classes are great fun, with easy to follow steps to suit all levels of expertise. Be warned very addictive, you won’t be able to stop at just one class. – Kim M.
***Click here to see what students have said about previous classes.
What supplies will I need for the class?
Please use what you already have in your collection.
The items below are what I have used in this class.
- Watercolour paper – A3 size (12×16″) any kind will work
- Canvas board or wood panel – 11×14 (or similar)
- Plain white/cream cotton fabric (old sheeting or calico) about 2 x A3 size pieces
- Cheesecloth (scraps used for collaging)
- Joint compound (sold in small buckets at your hardware store)
- Modelling paste
- White Gesso
- Liquitex Gel Medium – gloss and matte
- Vintage papers or scrapbook papers , sheet music etc.
- Imitation gold and copper leaf
- Assorted acrylic or craft paints
- Glazing medium or gloss varnish/medium (for glazing, optional)
(this is not essential, use something similar you already have)
- An old credit card for gesso’ing and collaging
- Paint brush for gesso’ing
- medium size soft flat brush
- Round watercolour brushes – medium and large
- Palette knives (large size)
- Brayer (small, 50mm or similar)
- Tracing paper (or transparent kitchen paper)
- Graphite pencils 2b and 6b or 8b, or any you already have
- Watersoluble graphite pencil (Lyra or Derwent)
- White soft pastel (or white charcoal)
- Stencils of your choice
- Sealer spray satin or matte finish – for your finished artwork
Accessing your class
When you proceed through the checkout you will be asked to login (if you have previously purchased another class) or register (if this is you first class on this site). Following you purchase this class will appear in your My Courses page when you login under My Classroom.
If you have any questions?
If you have any questions at all please contact me via the contact page. I will do my best to reply to your message within 24 hours. NB: I am located in Australia so there might be a little timezone difference!