Come and join me for all the pomp and pageantry in the kingdom of hares! Use simple graphite linework and a few paint colours to create 4 mischievous, and adorable, hares.
What is a hare without a crown upon its head? It’s a bare hare. But what of the bejewelled ones? Oh, they reside in the kindom of hares! Where mischief and frivolity abound.
The cost for this class is US$69.
Sometimes a simple sketch with graphite can turn into a royal extravaganza! By simply adding in a crown, and a neckline adornment of jewels! Then just add the colours which bring it all to life.
In this class you will create 4 projects, namely Clarence, Bernadette, Henrietta and lastly Augustus, who all live in the kingdom of hares.
There is a lesson on how to structure the head using simple shapes, it is much easier than it looks to create these hare drawings. I learnt a lot from creating hare sculptures in clay, then translated what I gained from that process into my drawings. I will share that all with you so you can easily replicate a hares head at any angle.
We’ll use loose watercolour techniques with lots of water so it all flows and blends, let the paint do the work, with just a little bit of cajoling.
Come and join me in the royal kingdom of hares, for all the fun and frivolity!
Who is this class for?
This is a beginners to intermediate class incorporating simple drawing and basic painting techniques. There are 4 full length detailed projects, and a basic face structure lesson in this class. It is a work at your own pace class. You will gain access to just under 5 hours of video in which I walk you through each step of the projects.
This is an open ended workshop with no expiration date. Plus all the videos are downloadable and yours to keep!
You will have access to my private combined FACEBOOK GROUP with others that are also taking my classes, to share your work and get feedback.
Toni is a wonderful artist and a natural teacher. Her techniques are accessible and straightforward and she explains everything so clearly that she brings you along with her every step of the way. Toni’s classes are a gateway into a creative world no matter what your level of experience, and such great value that you will be coming back for more. – Nicola F.
***Click here to see what students have said about some of my classes.
What supplies will I need for the class?
Please use items you already have in your collection if possible. Below are what I use in this class. Any kind of graphite and paint will be able to be adapted, the materials for this class are fairly simple.
- Watercolour paper cold press 25.5×35.5cm (10×14”). (I use Eraldo Di Paolo from Riot Art)
- Watercolour brush – round medium sized – I use Chinese Calligraphy brushes and a Silver Ruby Satin Triangle 2515s MD for the details.
- Watercolour/acrylics Brush large flat – 25mm (1 inch)
- Watercolours – Please refer to the supplies video for options, you don’t need to use the exact colours I do, a simple box of various watercolours will do, but some of you will want to know so I put my colours below.
- General shading and highlights – Graphite Black, Warm Sepia, Titanium White (or white gouache in a tube)
- Eyes – Quin. Gold and/or French Ochre
- Lesson 1
- Caput Mortum PR101, Helios Purple/Quin Magenta PR122
- Lesson 2
- Diox.Purple PV23, Light blue (white/Blue PB60/PG50)
- Lesson 3
- Quin. Magenta (PV19), Orange (PY150 Nickel Azo Y/PR254 Pyrrole Red),
- Lesson 4
- Indigo (PB60/PB15:1/PBk7), Blush/Pale pink (Unbleached Titanium PW6.1/Quin.Red PV19)
- Graphite pencils – 2b/4b and 8b – (I use 0.5 Graphgear mechanical pencil with 4b leads and a Staedtler 7b/8b Black)
- Masking tape to hold paper to board/clipboard or support to attach paper to.
- Tracing paper – optional (only used to demonstrate the face structure and shapes)
- Paint palette, water jar, paper towels
Accessing your class
This class has immediate access. When you proceed through the checkout you will be asked to login (if you have previously purchased another class) or register (if this is your first class on this site). Following your purchase this class will appear in your My Courses page when you login under My Classroom in the website menu. You can always find your classes here https://www.toniburt.com.au/my-courses/
**Due to the nature of the immediate availability of this course, all online classes are non-refundable.
If you have any questions?
If you have any questions at all please contact me via the contact page. I will do my best to reply to your message within 24 hours. NB: I am located in Australia so there might be a little timezone difference!