Have you always wanted to create small bowls and baskets? There is such a joy in making these little treasures. In this class we use air-drying clay to create our bowls. Then add embellishments of wire and fibre to bring them to life!
classroom is open – instant access!
There’s a textural, meditative and magical quality you experience when working with clay and fibre. Pushing, pulling, molding and forming, coaxing a solid lump into a bowl or dish that captures the essence of the earth, of you! Adding copper wire, fabrics and fibres, even paper collage elements and gold leaf. Your imagination takes over and all the possibilities come to life in your mind, then your heart and hands take over and do the rest.
The cost for this 3 lesson bundle is US$39.
This bundle is a selection of 3 mini classes that I filmed for the Life Book year long course over the last few years. These are my lessons from years 2019, 2020, and 2021. I bring them to you now as a special bundle of joy and creativity!
In these lessons you will create 3 bowls using different techniques for each one. All 3 use air drying clay, they dry in a few days, there is no kiln or firing required. They are delightful pieces that can be used for nic nacs, jewellery, pens or brushes. Due to the nature of air drying clay they cannot however hold wet foods or liquids.
These bowls and baskets are prefect for gift giving and sharing, after the first one you will be addicted and unable to stop 🙂
In these lessons you will follow me step by step as we form the clay and add the embellishments to each project.
This is an open ended workshop with no expiration date. Plus all the videos are downloadable and yours to keep!
Who is this lesson for?
This is a beginners class using basic air drying clay and weaving techniques. It is a work at your own pace class. There is just over 3.5 hours of video.
You will have access to my combined private FACEBOOK GROUP with others that are also taking my classes to share your work and get feedback.
Your teaching style is easy going, informative and unsurpassed. Your art and your classes surely feed my soul. Thank you for making this world a better place. Stay happy, well and thanks for sharing your talents!!
– Shannon S.
***Click here to see what students have said about previous classes.
What supplies will I need for the lessons?
Please use what you already have in your collection. The items below are what I have used in this class. It is important to get good clay, some of the air dry clay brands tend to crack a lot. In Australia the Mont Marte is the cheapest and also (IMO) the best clay to use for these types of projects. It is really sturdy and strong and I have never had it crack.
BASIC SUPPLIES FOR ALL LESSONS
- Air dry modelling clay (I use Mont Marte brand available here or in stores)
- Wooden modelling tools, or bamboo skewer
- Rubber pottery rib – or silicone kitchen spatula
- Matte Gel – I use Liquitex
- Matte Medium – I use Liquitex
- Assorted paint brushes
- Water, small sponge, paper towel
- Rolling Pin and/or brayer / bottle
- Seamstress Pattern Tracer wheel
- Waterproof pen – 0.2/0.5 size
- Tracing paper
- Collage tissue papers – assorted patterns
- Poetry quotes or words
- Gold leaf
- Gold leaf size or glue
- India ink – sepia or another colour to suit your bowl
- White acrylic paint in fineliner bottle
- Mold to form clay over, large jar or bowl with flat bottom
- Acrylic paint in a brown tone
- Texture stamps and/or alphabet stamps
- Recycled copper wire or jewellery wire (approx. 18 & 22 gauge)
- Small beads
- Paper towel and thin plastic bag
- Small needle nose pliers and wire cutters
WEAVING MOTHER EARTH LESSON
- Non Stick baking paper
- Acrylic paint in an earthy brown tone
- Yarn – soft cotton crochet string works well
- Beads and found objects
- Weeds, leaves, bark, small flowers and grasses from nature
- Blunt Tapestry needle
- Raffia – natural or coloured
Accessing your lessons
This class has immediate access. When you proceed through the checkout you will be asked to login (if you have previously purchased another class) or register (if this is your first class on this site). Following your purchase this class will appear in your My Courses page when you login under My Classroom in the website menu. You can always find your classes here https://www.toniburt.com.au/my-courses/
**Due to the nature of the immediate availability of this course, all online classes are non-refundable.
If you have any questions?
If you have any questions at all please contact me via the contact page. I will do my best to reply to your message within 24 hours. NB: I am located in Australia so there might be a little timezone difference!