Welcome to “Astraea”! This lesson was originally created by me (as a guest teacher) for the “Art is Magic Creative Retreat” workshop in 2018.
In this lesson we will use simple materials to create a loose face with a collage background.
The lesson is broken up into the two videos below, along with the supplies list at the bottom of this page.
If you would like to receive future information on new videos, classes and special offers please sign up for my newsletter using the form here
- Watercolour paper – A3 size
- Firm substrate or backing board (optional) – I use A3 5mm foamcore board
- Liquitex Gel Medium – matte
- Collage or scrapbook papers in bold colours and patterns
- Old dress pattern paper – for hair
- Water soluble media – gouache or watercolours
- White Gouache tube
- Plastic scraper or an old credit card for collaging
- Paint brush for gel medium
- Round watercolour brush – large
- Watersoluble graphite pencil
- Graphite pencil – 7b or 8b
- White chalk pastel
All classroom/video content is the copyright of Toni Burt 2020.
Please refer to the FAQ’s in regard to copyright here.