Welcome to my in-person Workshops!
All available upcoming workshops will be listed on this page. Please contact me for availability and bookings.
QUEEN FOR A DAY
March 18th 2018 – Bella Paperie, Brendale, Brisbane
This is a half day workshop in which we will create this girl on canvas. This is a simple mixture of collage, charcoal, acrylic paint, and some white soft pastel. This is a very simple girl to sketch with minimal detail, perfect for beginner and intermediate levels, however it will be useful if you have some drawing ability as this is a hand sketch, we do not use stencils or stamps for the face.
You will learn all the techniques for collaging the girl and background, sketching with charcoal, and adding squiggles and random details with the pastel and charcoal pencil.
I will provide the sheet music and book pages for your girls hair and face, you will be required to bring the following items to this workshop.
- Matte gel (liquitex is the best, some other brands are hard to draw on top of)
- Collage papers – some bold colours for background and dress
- Fluid acrylic paints – assorted colours (to match your background colours), plus one beige shade for the face (I use Jo Sonja Smoked Pearl)
- Medium round brush (for background paint)
- Paint brush for collaging
- Palette knife – small (metal or plastic is fine)
- Vine charcoal
- Charcoal pencil – soft or medium (I use General Peel and Sketch soft)
- Old credit card or piece of plastic to smooth collage
- White soft pastel – Rembrandt is the best I have found, it has good sticking power
- White heavy duty acrylic paint
- Canvas – 12×16″ (stretched or canvas board, or wood panel)
- Clear acrylic spray sealer – satin or matt finish (optional)