Welcome to my in-person Workshops!
All available upcoming workshops will be listed on this page. Prior to making any payment please contact me for availability and bookings.
Collage Girls Workshop
26 August 2017 – 10am – 2pm — $75 AUD
Beerwah Queensland, Australia – (SOLD OUT)
If you are booked to attend this workshop you can make your deposit payment by clicking the PAYPAL “buy now” button below (you will be taken to the Paypal secure website for processing). (Please pay the balance at the workshop, or contact me to pay prior by paypal.)
In this 4 hour class we will be creating two artworks using collage and watersoluble media. I will walk you through my step by step process of creating each piece. I will provide drawing instruction sheets to help you with sketching your girls faces. This is a beginner class however some basic drawing experience will be useful. These are simple techniques using water soluble markers, pencils and paints that are quick and easy to use.
I will provide all the collage papers for both pieces. Below are the other supplies you will need to bring to this workshop.
- Matte gel medium (liquitex or similar)
- Watersoluble media – either of the following will work for this class (or bring them all!)
- Inktense blocks (or pencils)
- watercolour pencils
- neocolor/lyra watersoluble crayons
- tombow waterbased markers
- winsor & newton watercolour markers
- Medium round watercolour brush
- Paint brush for collaging
- Old credit card or plastic scraper to smooth collage papers
- Watersoluble Graphite pencils – I am using Derwent watersoluble graphite pencils medium and dark wash (you could also use Lyra or Faber Castel watersoluble graphite pencils/crayons)
- Graphite pencil 8b or 6b
- Acrylic paint – raw umber (or a dark brown), white and a buff/cream (I use Jo Sonja Raw umber, Smoked Pearl and Titanium. White)
- White soft pastel (or white charcoal)
- A few assorted stencils – large patterns such as chevrons, circles etc. (optional)
- Sponge applicator or brush for stencils (optional)
- Fineline applicator or needle tip bottle with white paint, or white paint pen (optional)
- Rubber alphabet stamps
- Black ink pad
- Two pieces of watercolour paper A3 size cut into two squares of 30x30cm each (300gsm)
- Paint palette
- Tracing paper
- Paper towel