Welcome to my in-person Workshops and Lessons.
I am currently conducting “one-on-one” personalised lessons in my home studio. These lessons are tailored to YOU and what you would like to study (for an idea of what I can teach check out my Gallery page here). One-on-one lessons are minimum of 4 hours, and cost AUD$35 per hour (not including materials). Available 7 days a week.
All available upcoming group workshops in my studio will be listed on this page. Maximum class size is 4 persons. If you have a friend, or 3, and would like to arrange a personal class tailored to your requirements please contact me here for more information.
If you would like me to teach at your premises please contact me here to discuss availability and requirements. thank you 🙂
April 21st 2018 – Algester, Brisbane
(10am to 2.30pm) Private group – sold out.
In this class we will create a series of girls on old book pages that are adhered to watercolour paper. We will use watersoluble media and work in a loose quick fashion to achieve these lovely girls. Your’s will be different from this and will feature your own unique quirky style. It will be tons of fun 🙂
- Liquitex Gel Medium – matte
- Acrylic paints, white and neutral tones (I use Jo Sonja – white, smoked pearl)
- Water soluble medium – I use Art Spectrum Gouache – You can also use Hydrus Liquid watercolour or regular watercolours.
- White Gouache tube
- Plastic scraper or an old credit card for putting on the old book pages
- Paint brush for gel medium
- Round watercolour brush – large
- Watersoluble graphite pencil (Lyra or Derwent) – I use a Derwent medium wash
- Graphite pencil – 7b or 8b
- Watercolour paper – 4 x A5 sheets (cut 2 x A4 sheets in half)
- Paint palette
- Paper towel
- Heat gun
I will provide the following items (plus I will have spares of all of the above items in case you are missing something 🙂
- Old book pages
- Sealer spray satin or matte finish
QUEEN FOR A DAY
March 18th 2018 – Bella Paperie, Brendale, Brisbane
(10am to 2.30pm)
This is a half day workshop in which we will create this girl on canvas. This is a simple mixture of collage, charcoal, acrylic paint, and some white soft pastel. This is a very simple girl to sketch with minimal detail, perfect for beginner and intermediate levels, however it will be useful if you have some drawing ability as this is a hand sketch, we do not use stencils or stamps for the face.
You will learn all the techniques for collaging the girl and background, sketching with charcoal, and adding squiggles and random details with the pastel and charcoal pencil.
I will provide the sheet music and book pages for your girls hair and face, you will be required to bring the following items to this workshop.
- Matte gel (liquitex is the best, some other brands are hard to draw on top of)
- Collage papers – some bold colours for background and dress
- Fluid acrylic paints – assorted colours (to match your background colours), plus one beige shade for the face (I use Jo Sonja Smoked Pearl)
- Medium round brush (for background paint)
- Paint brush for collaging
- Palette knife – small (metal or plastic is fine)
- Vine charcoal
- Charcoal pencil – soft or medium (I use General Peel and Sketch soft)
- Old credit card or piece of plastic to smooth collage
- White soft pastel – Rembrandt is the best I have found, it has good sticking power
- White heavy body acrylic paint
- Canvas – 12×16″ (stretched or canvas board, or wood panel)
- Clear acrylic spray sealer – satin or matt finish (optional)