This class is chock full of luscious yummy texture! …and three beautiful girls 🙂 To create our heavenly goddesses we use a background of chunky layering techniques employing a variety of media, and then sketch, collage and colour our girl with watersoluble media in simple tonal values of the same colour. These girls have a real ethereal quality to them 🙂
texture and tone – classroom now open!
This class is chock full of luscious yummy texture! …and three beautiful girls 🙂 To create our heavenly goddesses we use a background of chunky layering techniques employing a variety of media, and then sketch, collage and colour our girl with watersoluble media in simple tonal values of the same colour. Creating on these gorgeous tactile backgrounds really brings out the features and tonal values in our girls and creates such a delightful marriage of tone and texture. They have a real ethereal quality to them 🙂
The cost for this class is $42 US.
All of our three projects use a base of fabric to which we add layers of collage, ephemera and plaster. Our girls are simple to sketch and I show you my basic and easy techniques to create a face, we do 2 front facing girls and a 3/4 face, which is much easier than you think! We use watersoluble colour and gouache to create tonal values which bring out the features of our girls and create emotion in our piece. I will discuss where to put the light and dark tones and how to create balance in your composition.These pieces are gorgeous to touch and feel due to the lovely nature of creating on fabric, it really is a special medium to use as a base. Don’t worry though you can also do all of these projects on paper or canvas if you prefer 🙂
This class includes around 3.5 hours of video and a step by step pdf document of the process we follow.
This is an open ended workshop with no expiration date. Plus all the videos are downloadable and yours to keep!
Who is this class for?
This is a beginners to intermediate class incorporating basic mixed media and watercolour techniques. You will gain access to around 3.5 hours of video in which I walk you through various mixed media, collage and watercolour techniques.
You will have access to my combined private FACEBOOK GROUP with others that are also taking my classes to share your work and get feedback.
The classes I have taken from Toni are just what I was hoping for. She is so down to earth and teaches in a way that you don’t only learn, but are left feeling very inspired and able to make beautiful art!!! My very favorite artist and teacher! She has the kindest heart and you will get that the minute she starts her classes.
– Cheryl H.
***Click here to see what students have said about previous classes.
What supplies will I need for the class?
Please use what you already have in your collection.
The items below are what I have used in this class.
- Fabric – I use bleached calico (muslin in the USA), you will need about 1 metre/yard. (If you choose you can use paper or canvas to create your pieces on instead of the fabric)
- Cheesecloth (scraps used for collaging)
- Joint compound (sold in small buckets at your hardware store)
- Liquitex Gel Medium – matte
- Vintage papers or ephemera, sheet music, old book pages, old sewing patterns, patterened napkins etc.
- White Gouache
- Water soluble medium – I use Hydrus Liquid watercolour, you could also use Inktense blocks or regular watercolours. Colours I use are Sepia, Burnt Umber, Venetian Brown & Indian Red.
- Plastic scraper or an old credit card for collaging and plaster
- Paint brush for gesso’ing
- Medium size soft flat brush
- Round watercolour brushes – large
- Palette knives (large size)
- Brayer (large) – optional
- Kitchen non stick baking paper, to protect your surface
- Watersoluble graphite pencil (Lyra or Derwent) – I use a Derwent medium wash
- White soft pastel (I prefer Rembrandt)
- Sealer spray satin or matte finish – for your finished artwork
Accessing your class
This class has immediate access. When you proceed through the checkout you will be asked to login (if you have previously purchased another class) or register (if this is your first class on this site). Following your purchase this class will appear in your My Courses page when you login under My Classroom in the website menu. You can always find your classes here https://www.toniburt.com.au/my-courses/
**Due to the nature of the immediate availability of this course, all online classes are non-refundable.
If you have any questions?
If you have any questions at all please contact me via the contact page. I will do my best to reply to your message within 24 hours. NB: I am located in Australia so there might be a little timezone difference!