Soft, vibrant watercolour landscapes are a joy to create, the colour dances across the paper in a magical way!
There is a magical essence to watercolours. That moment when the pigment hits the water, and they dance across the paper. It brings a huge smile of joy to your heart!
The cost for this class is US$69.
This class is all about that joy …the joy of colour, of it flowing, colliding, and mixing with itself.
In this class we will create 7 small landscape artworks. Each one a joyous mix of colours.
We’ll create trees, luminous skies, fields of colourful grasses. The techniques are simple to achieve and fun to do.
The artworks are small so that we keep it fun, you can use loose watercolour paper as I do, or alternatively a small watercolour journal.
This is a great class to take along with you on that vacation or holiday, limited supplies and compact!
Who is this class for?
This is a beginners – intermediate class incorporating basic watercolour techniques.
There are 7 projects in this class. They are all full length step by step lessons, 5 longer lessons and 2 bonus lessons that are shorter and quicker. It is a work at your own pace class. You will gain access to just over 3 hours of video in which I walk you through each step of the projects.
This is an open ended workshop with no expiration date. Plus all the videos are downloadable and yours to keep!
You will have access to my private combined FACEBOOK GROUP with others that are also taking my classes, to share your work and get feedback.
When lockdown began, I decided to learn to watercolor. That was the year I turned 75! I began a series of Toni’s classes, and I’ve loved every minute. I just finished Blooms, and it has been amazing! Toni is a wonderful teacher, her step by step instructions are so informative and easy to follow along. I have learned so much. I love her humor, she is so down to earth. I always feel like we’re sitting across from each other in the same room, painting and chuckling together. I can’t recommend Toni’s classes highly enough! – Anne DH
***Click here to see what students have said about some of my classes.
What supplies will I need for the class?
This class has two components – painting the landscapes and a smaller section on recycling the frames. The items below are what I have used in this class. There is an extensive SUPPLIES video in the class where I explain everything we use, you may want to watch that first before buying anything you need.
Please use what you already have in your collection. The items below are what I use in this class, but they can easily be substituted for others. The colours are not critical, anything you have that is similar will work.
- Watercolour paper – 3 x 5×8”, 2 x 6.5×6.5”, 1 x 3×7”, 1 x 4×5.5” – I use Arches Cold pressed for the 5 main lessons, & Arches rough for the 2 bonus lessons
- Watercolour brushes – medium sized round.
- Watercolours – A variety of colours. The main colours I use are:
- Sennelier: Helios Purple, Rose Madder Lake, Cad, Yellow Orange, Cerulean Blue Red, French Ochre, Warm Sepia, Caput Mortum, Cobalt Violet Lt Hue, Forest Green, Turquoise Green, Phthalo Green Deep, Bright Yellow Green, Cerulean Blue Red, Cad. Green Light, Paynes Grey, Raw Sienna, Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna, Phthalo Blue .
- Art Spectrum: Flinders Red Violet.
- Maimeri Blu: Neutral Tint, Permanent Red Deep.
- Daniel Smith: Buff Titanium.
- White Gouache
- Kuretake “Starry Colors” Gold Watercolours
- Dr Ph. Martin Bombay White India Ink, and Iridescent Copper Plate Gold.
- Faber Castell watersoluble colour pencils: Paynes Grey, Helio Turquoise, Dark Indigo, Dark Sepia, Burnt Carmine, White.
- Mark making tools such as plastic credit card cut up, or piece of wire.
- Ruling Pen (or alternatively a dip pen).
- Exacto or palette knife
- Small fine water mist/spray bottle.
- Masking tape, paint palette, water jar, paper towels, tissues
Optional, to seal your piece for framing without glass.
- Clear spray sealer – I use White Knight Crystal Clear acrylic – satin
- Liquitex Matte and Gloss Varnish, mixed 50/50 to make a satin.
Accessing your class
This class has immediate access. When you proceed through the checkout you will be asked to login (if you have previously purchased another class) or register (if this is your first class on this site). Following your purchase this class will appear in your My Courses page when you login under My Classroom in the website menu. You can always find your classes here https://www.toniburt.com.au/my-courses/
**Due to the nature of the immediate availability of this course, all online classes are non-refundable.
If you have any questions?
If you have any questions at all please contact me via the contact page. I will do my best to reply to your message within 24 hours. NB: I am located in Australia so there might be a little timezone difference!