Flowers in her hair – classroom is open!
To purchase this class please click the button below which will take you to the secure paypal website for processing.
This class features three mixed media girls with flowers in their hair. You will watch the complete project’s from start to finish as I create these three girls. I discuss choosing papers and making your layered collage background, techniques for sketching the face, choosing or painting the flowers, adding the details and more!
In this first lesson we will be creating a small artwork on canvas with a collage and painted background. We sketch a simple girls face and add painted flowers to her hair. We will be working with scrapbook or vintage papers, acrylic paint, paint pens and graphite pencil. We will incorporate a quote or some simple words to to convey a message from our girl
In our second project we will use beautiful vintage roses to create a garland floral headdress for our girl. We will use the same process for the background as the first lesson. We will again stamp our words or you can also print out a quote if you prefer.
In this third project we will be using an art journal to create our girl. We will use the same techniques as previously but within a journal or recycled book. We draw our girl using a tracing method for those of you who may not be proficient at drawing faces, and we add the flowers and a cute set of leaf wings.
Who is this class for?
This is a beginners to intermediate class incorporating basic mixed media techniques and simple sketching. It is a work at your own pace class. You will gain access to several hours of video in which I walk you through various mixed media and sketching techniques. This is an open ended workshop with no expiration date. All the videos are downloadable and yours to keep.
You will have access to the private FACEBOOK GROUP with others that are also taking my classes, to share your work and get feedback.
This is one of the best classes I have taken. It is so well filmed and the content
is clear and concise and left me feeling like I could actually make some art that
I could be proud of. I love Toni’s work and can’t wait for the next class to come
out. Thanks Toni for sharing your great gift with us. – Sharon C.
***Click here to see what students have said about this class.
What supplies will I need for the class?
Please use what you already have in your collection. The items below are what I have used in this class.
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium (or clear gesso)
- Vintage papers or scrapbook papers – you can photocopy or scan and print some old letters. I will provide links to where you can find vintage papers and flowers online and include some pages that you can print as part of the pdf for this class
- Assorted acrylic or craft paints
- An old credit card for collaging
- paint brush for collaging
- small brush for face details
- needle tip applicator bottle or paint pens
- graphite paper for tracing (optional)
- graphite pencils 2b and 8b or any you already have
- Stabilo All watersoluble pencil
- Letter stencils of your choice
- Black ink pad – any kind will do
- paper towel
- sealer spray – satin or matte finish – for your finished piece
- Substrate to create on – canvas or wood panels, paper or art journal
Accessing your class
After you have purchased your class you will receive an email with your password which will give you access to the classroom.
If you have any questions?
If you have any questions at all please contact me via the contact page. I will do my best to reply to your message within 24 hours. NB: I am located in Australia so there might be a little timezone difference!