Welcome to the petite vue classroom!
In this class we will create 5 gorgeous “petite vue’s” Tiny watercolour and pen artworks. I started drawing these little views prior to my recent trip to Ireland and France, I wanted to capture the essence of the places I visited. These little drawings are something to treasure! They are simple and easy to create, and take around 40-60 minutes each (plus some drying time)!
In this class I use four photographs from my trip and one image from Pinterest, you will find the references as the bottom of this page under the Supplies List. Please visit my Pinterest board “buildings” where I have collected a lot of little photos which are perfect for this class 🙂
Remember these are “wobbly and wonky” little drawings, try not to be too precise, keep it simple and loose as that is how you create the character in each tiny artwork 🙂
Now let’s get on with it – I am so happy to be bringing these little vue’s to you!
This page contains all the classroom content and links
to the videos for the five lessons (which are right at the bottom of this page!).
If we are not already friends on Facebook, please send me a friend request at Toni Burt
I have a private facebook group for all of my classes. “a journey for the soul” Here you can share your artwork with others taking my classes, and gain feedback and ask questions.
I will add or invite you to the group after you join the class.
(If your paypal email and facebook email are different please message me as sometimes it is difficult to join the group as it is a secret group.)
introduction & supplies video
Scroll to the bottom of this page where you will find the link to the lesson videos.
Please use what you already have in your collection. The items below are what I have used in this class.
- Assorted watercolour paints (tubes or pans)
- large and medium round watercolour brush – I use a selection of these in various sizes
- Black fineline pen, I use Staedtler Pigment Liner size 0.2, A selection of 0.1, 0.2 & 0.3 is handy. Other brands available are Sakura Pigma Micron and Artline Drawing System.
- Black gel pen 1.0mm – I use Pentel Hybrid Gel Grip DX
- graphite pencil – I use a 1mm mechanical pencil (optional)
- paper towel
- Watercolour paper or journal – I use a travelogue journal with 8×8″ pages and a smooth surface – you can use any kind or size you prefer however a smooth surface works best (if your paper has a rough surface, turn it over, often the back is smoother and works just as well :).
The video’s have been broken down into short intervals. Please work at your own pace.
There is no need to hurry. You have access to this class indefinitely so relax and enjoy the creative process!
You can watch the video’s within the classroom or click on the download link under each one.
When you are taken to the download page click on the “download” button
and choose your quality/size.
PDF containing the photos I used for this class & supply list
click on the link below the picture to open the pdf
Pinterest “buildings” reference images board
click here to go to the pinterest board
All classroom content is the copyright of Toni Burt 2017, please do not distribute outside of this class.
Access class content and video downloads are for personal use only, thank you.
Please refer to the FAQ’s in regard to copyright here.
CLICK THE LESSONS BELOW TO GO TO THE VIDEOS.