Welcome to the “messy soul” classroom!
I think one of the reasons I like ‘messy’ art so much is that it connects me to my soul. It’s how my soul speaks to me.
Our intuition is the voice of our soul, whispers from your heart, hunches, impulses, that are not of the mind….where do they come from? If you’re not thinking it, who is? It’s your soul.
In this class we will connect with that intuition, the voice within. How? Just by turning off you brain (as much as you can!) and following you impulses, intuition, heart. You know when you go to reach for a scrap of paper, and your brain says no that can’t be right….turn that voice off and grab it anyway, paste it down before you have time to think about it too much.
We’ll use our brains as a tool to carry out our soul’s desires. It’s what I’ve strived to do throughout this course, and as you watch the video’s I hope that you can see that, and give it a go too. It was a little harder for me, as I know you are all watching 🙂 But when no one’s looking you can really go for it, with no expectations.
I’ll be creating these 5 lovely girls, each similar in ways (maybe it’s because these are a reflection of MY soul), but still each has her own feeling, her own message. Yours will embody your messages, your girls, your soul.
I look forward to seeing some of your messy soul’s….or not, if you choose to keep them tucked away in your journal 🙂
This class is broken up into several parts, please feel free to do it in another order if you choose. I start all 5 pieces at once, but you can of course just do one at a time 🙂
This page contains all the classroom content and links to the videos for the lessons (which are right at the bottom of this page!).
I have a private combined Facebook group for all of my classes called “a journey for the soul”. Here you can share your artwork with others taking my classes, and gain feedback and ask questions.
I will add or invite you to the group after you join the class. If you have already purchased a class from me before you should already be in the group (if you use Facebook).
(If your login email and facebook email are different please message me as sometimes it is difficult to join the group as it is a secret group.)
Scroll to the bottom of this page where you will find the link to the lesson videos.
Please use what you already have in your collection. The items below are what I have used in this class.
- Watercolour paper 3 sheets (or more!) – any inexpensive type will work, textured surface if possible (A4 or 9×12″ – we will tear them in half )
- Liquitex Matte Gel
- Glue stick
- Brush for Gel – 3/4 – 1″ flat
- Brush for gouache/watercolour – large round
- Gouache or watercolours – a selection of your favourite colours
- White gouache tube of paint
- Watersoluble graphite pencil – I use Cretacolor, you can also use Derwent or Faber Castel 4b or 8b
- Bright coloured scrapbooking papers or gelli prints to use for collage
- Ephemera to use for collage (I will provide 2 pages of printable tickets and stamps in the classroom that you can use)
- Poetry quotes – I will provide a link to my Pinterest board with lots of quotes you can print out to use
- 8b graphite pencil – I use Mars Lumograph (any type will work)
- Paint palette, water jar, paper towels
- Fabric to bind journal – Calico/muslin or similar cotton – 50x45cm piece, or larger
- Scrap of fabric or twine to bind journal
- Eyelets – I use this type with the tool to put them on
Please work at your own pace. There is no need to hurry. You have access to this class indefinitely so relax and enjoy the creative process!
You can watch the video’s within the classroom or click on the download link under each one.
When you are taken to the download page click on the “download” button
and choose your quality/size.
Printable PDF containing the finished artworks & supply list
Click on the link below the picture to open the pdf
Downloadable images of tickets
To print, first click on the image, then right mouse click on the larger image that opens and save to your computer, you can print them from there.
Link to my Pinterest board with poetry quotes
Click here to go to the board
All classroom content is the copyright of Toni Burt 2019, please do not distribute outside of this class.
Access class content and video downloads are for personal use only, thank you.
Please refer to the FAQ’s in regard to copyright here.
CLICK THE LESSONS BELOW TO GO TO THE VIDEOS.