“homage to henri”
Welcome to your big bold bright classroom!
I’m so delighted to be bringing this bold and vibrant class to you – it combines so many of my favourite things – collage, girls, flowers…patterns, birds, sketching…..and much more 🙂
“From the moment I held the box of colours in my hands, I knew
this was my life. I threw myself into it like a beast that plunges
towards the thing it loves.” – Henri Matisse –
This page contains all the classroom content and links to the videos for the three lessons (which are right at the bottom of this page!).
If we are not already friends on Facebook, please send me a friend request at Toni Burt
If you are not already in my facebook group “a journey for the soul” I will add you or invite you.(If you use a different email address for facebook please message me as sometimes it is difficult to join the group as it is a secret group.)
supplies / materials video
Scroll to the bottom of this page where you will find the link to the lesson videos.
Henri Matisse Inspiration Images
Please use what you already have in your collection.
The items below are what I have used in this class.
- 3 x Canvas board or wood panel – 11×14 (or similar)
- Gel medium – I use liquitex matte gel
- Vintage papers in bold colours, patterned napkins etc. (I provide a selection of the papers I use in these projects as pdf file which you can print out and use if you choose to) I print my papers using REGULAR COPY PAPER.
- Assorted acrylic or craft paints
- Watersoluble colouring media for the faces (I use Winsor and Newton watercolour markers, you could also use coloured pencils, tombow markers, inktense or watercolours)
- An old credit card or plastic scraper for collaging
- Variety of paint brushes
- Tracing paper (or transparent kitchen paper)
- Micron pen in small size (.02, .03) such as Staedtler pigment liner
- Fineliner or needle tip bottles – I use around 6 in total – fill them with diluted paint 50/50
- Matte or satin varnish to seal the finished piece (I use liquitex satin varnish)
The video’s have been broken down into short intervals. Please work at your own pace.
There is no need to hurry. You have access to this class indefinitely so relax and enjoy the creative process!
You can watch the video’s within the classroom or click on the download link under each one.
When you are taken to the download page click on the “download” button
and choose your quality/size.
PDF’s for this class (2)
click on the link below the picture to open the pdf’s
Step by step instructions and supplies list pdf
link – homage to henri
Collage papers pdf
(Print on regular copy paper)
link – collage sheets
All classroom content is the copyright of Toni Burt 2017, please do not distribute outside of this class.
Access class content and video downloads are for personal use only, thank you.
Please refer to the FAQ’s in regard to copyright here.
CLICK BELOW TO GO TO THE LESSON VIDEOS.