Welcome to the “flower maiden” classroom!
In 2018 I was honoured to be invited as a guest teacher on Kara Bullock’s year long “Let’s Face It” course. This lovely Flower Maiden was one of my lessons in that course. I am bringing her to you now as a self paced single lesson. I really love creating in this soft loose watercolour style with the addition of gorgeous vintage collage – one of my all time favourite things!
This artwork is inspired by the Art Nouveau movement and the work of Elisabeth Sonrel. The style of this piece is very soft and feminine, we use a loose ethereal style of drawing and painting, keeping it simple is key. Try not to overwork things and keep it soft. Sometimes that can take a litte practice….if you are nervous try a few sketches in a notebook or on scrap paper first 🙂
If you are not already in my facebook group “a journey for the soul” I will add you or invite you.(If you use a different email address for facebook please message me as sometimes it is difficult to join the group as it is a secret group.)
I do hope you enjoy this mini-lesson and the process (which I love!) , please ask if you have any questions at all 🙂
Scroll to the bottom of this page where you will find the link to the two lesson videos.
Please use what you already have in your collection. The items below are what I have used in this lesson.
- A3 size (approx 12×16″) watercolour paper – I use 300gsm
- Liquitex Matte Gel
- watercolour paints – assorted colours
- gouache – white plus assorted colours (colours are optional, white is a must
- Vintage collage flowers (4 printable sheets provided below)
- Plastic scraper or old credit card for collaging
- paint brush for collaging – approx 1″ flat
- round watercolour brushes – large
- graphite pencil 7b (or 6b/8b) – I use Mars Lumograph
- Derwent watersoluble graphite pencil – light wash (or similar watersoluble graphite)
- paper towel
Printable PDF supply list
click the link below to open the pdf
Flower collage sheets to use on your piece.
(click each image to enlarge then right click to save to your computer)
All classroom content is the copyright of Toni Burt 2019, please do not distribute outside of this class.
Access class content and video downloads are for personal use only, thank you.
Please refer to the FAQ’s in regard to copyright here.